How to Setup Belkin N300 Router
How to Setup Belkin N300 Router
Follow the instructions carefully to set up your Belkin N300 router:-
Step 1:- Connect your Belkin N150 router to your computer with the help of an Ethernet cable. One end of the cable goes inside the LAN port while the other end goes inside the ethernet port of your computer.
The ADSL cable will go into the WAN port of the router. Wait for few minutes to let the connection between the two devices get established.
Step 2:- Open your web browser and enter 192.168.2.1, this is the default IP address for Belkin router setup portal.
Type this in your URL field and hit Enter. This will redirect you to the login portal of your router.
Step 3:- Enter “admin” in the SSID field and leave the password field blank and hit enter. If your ISP has provided any separate login credentials for the router then enter those.
Step 4:- Now you will be redirected to the main router settings page. Click on WAN or DHCP settings from the dashboard, this will take you to your DHCP settings tab.
Here, check the ‘Yes’ box under DHCP as this will provide your router will automatic IP address from your ISP, save the settings and come back to the main page.
Step 5:- Now go to Security settings, here choose WPA2 as your encryption type and just below that will be a box for ‘Passkey’, this is your wifi password. Make sure to create a strong password which you can remember.
Save the settings. You have successfully configured your router now. Restart it to let the router implement the change settings. Hopefully, these steps helped you in resolving the issue of Belkin N300 Setup without CD. in case you have any further query feel free to respond and I will be glad to help you out.
Belkin Router Setup Without CD:-
The software CD which comes along your Belkin router is only necessary because it contains important software Drivers which are necessary for smooth functioning of these routers. You can download all the necessary drivers from the official website free of cost.
Let us see how to configure your Belkin router SETUP :-
1. Connect your Belkin router to your computer either via a wired Ethernet cable connection or wirelessly through the wifi. Wait for a couple of minutes to let the connection get stable.
2. Open your web browser and enter 192.168.2.1, this is the default IP address for Belkin router setup portal. Type this in your URL field and hit Enter. This will redirect you to the login portal of your router.
3. If the given default IP does not work, you can also use your local IP. Open command prompt and type in ipconfig. All the networking details along with the local IP address will get listed.
4. Enter “admin”(default username) in the SSID field and leave the password field blank and hit enter. If your ISP has provided any separate login credentials for the router then enter those. If these default ones do not work, look under the device as some of the manufacturers print these details at the bottom.
5. Once on the main settings Dashboard, click on WAN or Internet Settings tab. You will be redirected to a separate WIndow for internet settings. Here, first enable the DHCP options to receive the automatic IP address from the server.
6. Now come to the main dashboard and click on Security Settings, in the main settings window, select WPA 2 as your encryption type as it considered to be the safest. Just below that, you will notice a box for Passkey, this is your wifi password. Create a strong password which cannot be guessed by other and you can remember it easily. Save the settings.
7. Open your web browser again and head to the official Belkin website for your region. From the Driver download section, enter the model number of your device and all the latest updated drivers will get listed, download all of them, install on your computer through which you have configured the router. reboot the whole setup and you have successfully configured your Belkin router without the CD.
Hopefully, these steps helped you in resolving the issue of setup Belkin router without CD. in case you have any further query feel free to respond and I will be glad to help you out.